Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Carmen Codreanu - Bergen, Norway




My experience at NHH
My internship in Norway kicked off in June of the current year at NHH, the best business school in Norway and one of the leading business schools in the Nordic region. For a period of three months I worked in the communication department of NHH revising and extending the web-based information to foreigners coming to Norway to either work or study.
In addition, I also wrote several articles for the internal paper based on visiting seminars and lectures from major Norwegian companies, interviewing students and staff and turning these into stories I have presented.
Beside the job itself, I was lucky to work in a friendly environment where I could make my own style of work. I received responsibilities, support, trust and total freedom to accomplish my objectives, and so did I. My experience at NHH was “flavored” by people’s good mood and the sea that could be seen from almost every part of NHH.
NHH also has a strong international profile with students coming from every part of the world, and this has resulted for me into strong and valuable friendships.
Norwegian people
Of course, all of these wouldn’t have been possible without people that made me feel welcome and overcome my expectations in every aspect of their behavior. Work colleagues, flat mates and other friends supported me and made my life easier, as I was often asking for a little help. Some of these persons are really good friends now.
Thinking a little bit at this, I realize that is typical Norwegian to help you in whatever they can, to “hear” you and to make you feel welcome and valuable. Extremely well-informed people, curious, modest, tolerant, informal and great lovers of outdoor, Norwegians will welcome you with good mood, good humor and will help you “feel at home” whenever you take your first steps on Norwegian ground.
Bergen and Norway
Every day going to work I was delighted seeing the sea furrowed by the vassals coming and leaving the harbor (and I have to admit that I am crazy about the sea), Bryggen’s colored houses, the beautiful mountains surrounding, as well as the hundreds of tourists eager to discover Bergen.
But Bergen and Norway have much more to offer, including: incredible fjords with many scenic and narrow branches - and sprinkled with picturesque villages, waterfalls and imposing glaciers, rugged mountains, and a huge coastline broken by many fjords with steep, high and rocky banks.
The Norwegian mood
And last, but not the least, in Norway people do know how to party! From specific rocks clubs, dance and techno to the hottest rhythms of Latin music, along with lively music scenes and great people, I enjoyed everything and I felt that I really live a happy, happy life.
And there is much more to add and to explore: “Vorspiel & Nachspiel”, beautiful girls and handsome guys, the “midnight sun” “the northern lights”, safari, wind and rain and snow - but I let all these to be discovered and further told by the next trainee which, luckily, it could be YOU!
Back home
I am back home right now, with more skills, friends, optimism and confidence, proud to be an AIESECer, looking further for another internship and keeping Norway and NHH as my soul experience!
Carmen Codreanu, AIESEC Sibiu in Romania

1 comment:

  1. Make sure to reserve an taxi from bergen to airport with Limowide when you first arrive if you want to explore the city. One of the trustworthy suppliers of limo services is Limowide. We provide a range of vehicles to meet your demands and specifications. We offer excellent service at incredibly low costs.

    ReplyDelete