Monday, October 29, 2012

Diana Draganescu - Brussels, Belgium


Hello dear reader,

My name is Diana, I am a 23 year old Exchange Participant from Romania. This year I was fortunate
enough to experience the AIESEC Global Internship Programme through the lovely AIESEC Norway .

More than one month ago I got a phone call announcing me that in the end of August I will start my
internship in Microsoft Europe. I couldn’t believe it – I was finally going to experience the exchange
programme that I was telling people about for 5 years while I was in AIESEC. And so I embarked in a
wonderful one year challenging and intense learning experience in Brussels.

I am currently working in the Legal and Corporate Affairs (LCA) department of Microsoft in Europe,
one of the biggest multinationals in the world, coordinating projects for Small and Medium
Enterprises. It’s a dream job and for sure something totally out of my comfort zone, which makes it
even more exciting. Every day brings new opportunities to learn something new, experience a new
area that you never thought you would before. Working in Microsoft is very exciting because of the
dynamic, culturally diverse working environment and because of the cool technologies we have
access to.

From my short time spend here I realized that I am very lucky: I am working in one of the best top
LCA offices in the world, I have the opportunity to learn from amazing people that have achieved
unbelievable things, every day brings something new to the table and I discovered a new area where
I would love to work in. How many young people have the same opportunities? Not many…

An internship abroad is also a very good opportunity to experience being independent (especially for
people that are taking this opportunity for the first time). Exploring new places is another benefit of
an internship abroad and in my case Brussels has a lot of things to offer. Experiencing a new culture
and having the chance to travel to other countries was an incentive for me when I decided to go in
exchange.

So my advice for you?

If you feel an itch to explore different cultures, test yourself, get yourself out of your contort zone,
learn new things every day and practice the knowledge and skills acquired in university, then GO IN
EXCHANGE! It’s the perfect time to do it and you will see how this experience will become a turning
point in your life

Good luck dear reader and I hope to read about your experiences next,

Hugs from Brussels, Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment